Day 30: list five things that you hope to be remembered for.
I cannot believe that I am finally finishing this writing challenge. It has taken me well over 30 days, but it has been fun. However, I’m excited to begin writing without a prompt after tonight!
1. Charity: There are very few bad things that you can say about someone who has worked their entire life giving to others. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Mother Teresa, but what could you possibly say about her that isn’t good? The answer is nothing and I feel like devoting a large portion of my time to a cause that means a lot to me is the best way to spend my life.
2. As a mother: society tries to tell us that there is something wrong with devoting your life to raising a child, but I think society is wrong. If enough people raised their children right, we would have a lower crime rate, and I feel that there would be less poverty caused by teen mothers. Obviously, it wouldn’t solve the problem, but I think it would diminish it.
3. As a happy person: everyone knows that person who is always happy with what they have, no matter what. Furthermore, everyone knows that person who is never happy, no matter how much they have… I’d prefer being known as the happy one.
4. As a humble person: there is nothing worse than a person who is full of pride… and themselves. Humility is a character trait that we should all aim for.
5. As someone who laughs at myself:
I don’t know why, but some of my best jokes are aimed at me, and they are the ones that make me laugh the hardest too. I guess I learned a long time ago that you might as well laugh at yourself, because everyone else already is.