Day 25: list 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
I have been thinking about this post all day, first because I’m pretty sure I already did this, and I’m still sort of baffled about what I would want to tell myself. The truth is, I don’t think 16 year old me, would have even listened to me. So I’ve thought of a few things and for the rest, I’m just going to wing it.
1. You end up happy, don’t worry about the future.
2. Don’t start smoking, seriously, pregnant you has to quit in 10 years, it sucks.
3. The guy that you have had a crush on throughout your high school years will reappear in your early 20’s. Don’t give him the time of day, the military changed him and he ends up being a douche.
4. Speaking of boys, you may as well not waste your time, your future husband lives 900 miles away… trust me, he’s worth waiting for.
5. Apply for scholarships, your parents aren’t rich people… also, finish the UNC Wilmington application, I really want to live on the beach at some point in our life.
6. In your 20s, before you have children, you will be tempted to give parenting advice. Just don’t. You end up eating all those words, and they taste like crap.
7. When you go to cosmetology school, don’t let mark (my brother), visit. There is a girl there, she goes by the name Satan’s mistress, they will meet, he will fall in love with her, and she will break his heart into a billion pieces.
8. You will stop drinking at 23, your husband will have you beat by 6 days… until the night of his bachelor party. He will want to continue giving you crap about this for close to 3 years before getting caught… don’t let him.
9. Start journaling, you have a bad memory, write down full names of people so that you can stalk them on Facebook when you’re up all night with the baby (I can’t even explain it… your mind would be blown). Write down things that happen, and who you were with when they happened.
10. Spend a lot of time with your grandparents, and uncle Chris. You will want those memories later, and you don’t have as much time with all of them as you think.
***bonus: no, we do not have flying cars yet. In a very short time, you will be able to do absolutely everything with your phone. And, here’s an idea… a website where people can put pictures of things that they want or want to do, think virtual scrapbook, and call it something like Pinteresting.